2023 Outdoor Summer Market Season: May - October
The 2023 summer outdoor market dates are:
- May 7 (1st Sunday in May. All remaining markets are on the 2nd Sunday of the month)
- June 11
- July 9
- August 13
- September 10
- October 8
The following is important event information that is vital for your success as a vendor. You must read and follow all information and rules to participate as a vendor at the Urban Flea Market.
Basic Market Details
MARKET LOCATION: The Gateway, 12 S Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84101. North end near the Snowflake Fountain.
MARKET HOURS: The market is open to the public from 10am to 4pm
ADMISSION: The entry fee for the public is $3 per person. Ages 12 and under are free.
PARKING: The market offers free public parking in the ‘North Garage”. Entrances are on 400 West and 100 South
WEATHER: All markets are open rain, snow, or shine!
Vendor Information, Rules, and Guidelines
OUTDOOR MARKET: Vendor spaces during the summer markets are all outdoors. No indoor spaces available
OPEN AND RESERVED MARKET VENDOR SPACES: Vendor spaces are all ‘Open Market Spaces’ and assigned upon arrival. ‘Reserved Market Spaces’ are pre-arranged with the Urban Flea Market management prior to the market date.
RESERVED SPACES: Reserved spaces are not available online. Requests for reserving pre-assigned vendor spaces must be made in person at the market for an additional charge of $30 per market.
VENDOR SPACE AND SIZE: Each vendor space is approximately 100 - 110 square feet depending on the configuration of the venue. Vendor items must stay within their assigned vendor space.
ITEMS TO BRING: Vendors must provide their own tables, chairs, displays, and items to sell. We recommend that you bring carts or dollies to transport items to your space. Vendor spaces are within a reasonable distance from the loading zone, but carts are highly recommended. Please plan accordingly and bring carts and people to help.
TENT / UMBRELLA INFORMATION: Vendors must bring their own tents or umbrellas for shade. The maximum tent size allowed is 10’x10’. You must bring weights for your tents and umbrellas. As per the Salt Lake City Fire Department and Salt Lake City Safety Ordinance for outdoor market events, weights must be fastened / attached / tied to ALL TO all four corners of the tent, or any poles AS SOON AS they are set-up. Any tents or umbrellas that do not have weights must be taken down immediately. Unweighted tents and umbrellas are NOT permitted AT ANY TIME at the Urban Flea Market. Here is the official ordinance "All canopies are required to be properly secured with a weight system using a minimum of 25 lbs. per leg. If a weight system is not in place, vendors must take their canopy down and may be fined." If you're looking for an easy, affordable tent weight option, Home Depot sells inexpensive cinder blocks and rope. When a UFM staff member stops by your tent to check your weights, if your tent or umbrella is not weighted down properly, it must be taken down immediately.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES: The markets will NOT have food trucks. We encourage vendors to pack lunch. Bottled water for purchase will be available at the market entry tent. A few restaurants at the Gateway offer takeout and delivery.
FOR CLOTHING VENDORS: If you will be selling clothing, vendors are not allowed to put clothing on the ground in piles or boxes. All clothing must be on tables or hung on clothing racks.
POWER: Vendor spaces do not have access to power.
DIGITAL PAYMENTS AND ATMS: We encourage vendors to offer digital payment options such as Venmo. The market will have two cash ATM machines for cash transactions. We encourage all vendors to bring change for buyers – ones, fives, tens, and quarters. Vendors are responsible for all transactions with buyers.
IF YOU CAN’T ATTEND A MARKET: If you can’t attend a market and want to transfer your space to someone else, you must notify the Urban Flea Market no less than ten (10) days prior to the market with the name, email address and phone number of the person using your space. All vendors must be pre-approved before a space can be transferred. It is also required that all vendors receive, review, and approve the Vendor Rules & Guidelines before selling at the market. The Urban Flea Market will not assist in ‘selling’ your space to another vendor.
MARKET DATE TRANSFER REQUESTS: Market date transfer requests are subject to a $50 change fee. Market date transfers are not allowed within 7 days prior to the market date you are confirmed for. Market dates cannot be transferred between seasons. Fall / Winter season is November - April. Spring/Summer Season is May - October.
ITEMS / SERVICES NOT ALLOWED AT THE MARKET: The following items and services are NOT allowed at the Urban Flea Market, or to be sold at the Urban Flea MarketFood or edible items. This includes anything that can be consumed by people or animals (bottled beverages, candy, prepackaged items, homemade treats, etc...)
- Food or edible items. This includes anything that can be consumed by people or animals (bottled beverages, candy, prepackaged items, homemade treats, etc...)
- Firearms, ammunition, or weapons of any kind
- Animals for sale or trade
- Paraphernalia commonly used or associated with the use of any drugs.
- CBD products
- MLM products
- Illegal or questionable items not normally obtained on the open market
- Mass produced items - Contact us if you have questions about items in this category
- Physical or cosmetic services (massage, piercing, teeth whitening, etc...)
- Political campaign promotional materials and signage
- Promotion of any businesses or organizations
- Promotional goods and services that do not fit the flea market, vintage, yard sale style, handcrafted market model
- Outside Marketing: Any posters, banners, signs, tents, or distribution of marketing material promoting outside markets and events is strictly prohibited and will only be allowed by official sponsors of the Urban Flea Market. There will be space available at the market information tent for outside market and event flyers. Please take any of these items to the information tent the morning of the market
- Items that by sale, possession, or use are in violation of City, County, State, or Federal Laws
- Open flames, lit candles and burning incense are not allowed at any time in the market area
- If you bring any of these items, you will be asked to leave the market and a refund will not be issued. The Urban Flea Market reserves the right to prohibit the display and sales of any items deemed inappropriate for the market by the market management or any items that are illegal/prohibited by law
ALL VENDOR MERCHANDISE SUBJECT TO REVIEW: All vendors and vendor merchandise are subject to review and approval by the Urban Flea Market to maintain the format of the flea market business model. The Urban Flea Market reserves the right to refuse any vendor application or merchandise.
LIABILITY: All vendors who participate at the Urban Flea Market hold harmless the Urban Flea Market, Urban Flea Market Coordinators, Volunteers, Staff, the venue and venue representatives, and market sponsors for any damage, loss, or theft to merchandise, displays, or personal property, or injury to their person or character, virtual or otherwise, regardless of cause resulting from their participation in this event.
SECURITY / MEDICAL ISSUES: I you see a security or medical issue at the market, find a market staff member immediately. The market has security and certified medical resources to help with any situation.
NO SMOKING IN THE MARKET! Smoking is not prohibited in the market area.
NO ALCOHOL IN THE MARKET! Alcohol is not allowed in the market area.
NO REFUNDS - All markets are rain, snow, or shine! No refunds available.
Vendor Check-In, Load-In, and Parking
- All market loading is on Sunday only.
- Vendor Check-In: 100 South Rio Grande Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 (450 West)
- Google Maps Link for vendor check-in near The Store at The Gateway: https://goo.gl/maps/a5UefN1Zr5ojLUtU9
- Vendor Check-In is from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM.
- The vendor check-in entrance closes at 9:00AM sharp! If Reserved vendors do not check-in by 9:00am, their space will be reassigned to fill gaps in the market. If you are running late, you will need to load-in from a side street or the parking garage and find a person with a staff badge to let them know you are there. You must receive a tax letter and wristbands before selling at the market. No loading after 9:15AM
- Vendor cars may start lining up at 7:00 AM on 100 South in single file on the north side of street. There will be a visible yellow vendor check-in sign.
- When the vendor check-in line opens at 7:30AM, ALL vendors must check in at that location to receive your tax letter and wristbands.
- WRISTBANDS: Only TWO (2) vendor wristbands will be issued per vendor space. All vendors and vendor helpers must have their wristbands fastened to their wrists before entering the loading zone and will not be allowed into the market area without a wristband ON. Wristbands must be worn at all times. Any vendor helpers arriving after 10:00 AM must pay the $3 admission to enter the market or you need to meet them at the market entry if you have a wristband for them. There is free admission again at 3:45 PM for any vendor load-out helpers.
- Only ONE (1) vehicle will be allowed to load-in per space. If you have two (2) vehicles, unload one vehicle, move it out of the market area, and then bring the 2nd vehicle in.
- If you signed up through the website or at the market, please bring your receipt.
- ALL market space vehicles WITH trailers will be charged an additional $40 at each market if not booked in advance, fee is due in CASH when you check in. Please pre-register all trailers to avoid this extra fee.
- After checking in, vendors will drive north on Rio Grande Street to the vendor stop sign. At the stop sign, vehicles will receive a loading pass. The loading pass will have the vendor’s last name. and must always be visible on your dashboard during load-in and load-out. Vendor cars will then be directed to where to park and unload in the market area. Cars will be directed to park on the far right or far left of the road to keep the center lane clear.
- Please be patient and carefully follow all verbal instructions from flea market staff during parking, space selection and loading.
- Once you have parked, a staff member will help you select an available space. Open-market vendor spaces are assigned on a first come, first served basis. Reserved spaces will have the vendor’s last name on the assigned space.
- ACTIVE LOADING ONLY, MOVE VEHICLE AS SOON AS YOU ARE UNLOADED. Vendors will load in all merchandise, tables, etc. and then move vehicles from the market loading zone to make room for the next vendor car in line to unload. Vendors are not permitted to set up their vendor spaces until after their vehicles have been moved from the loading zone.
- NO LOADING AFTER 9:15AM. ALL ITEMS MUST BE UNLOADED INTO VENDOR SPACES BY 9:15 AM
- ALL VEHICLES MUST BE MOVED OFF OF RIO GRANDE NO LATER THAN 9:30 AM.
- All vendors must be set up and ready to sell by 9:45am. The market opens to the public at 10:00am
Indoor garage parking is available for standard sized cars, vans and trucks (under 7' clearance). Oversized trucks and trucks with trailers can park on surrounding neighborhood streets or as directed by market staff at the event. Parking is abundant and free on the streets on the West Side of the Gateway. If you park on the street you must abide by the parking signs such as handicap, loading, permit only, etc... The Urban Flea Market is not responsible if you receive a parking ticket for any reason.
- The flea market ends at 4:00 PM. Vendors must remain open until the market closes. VENDORS MUST STOP SELLING AT 4PM.
- Free admission begins at 3:45 PM for any vendor load-out helpers.
- Vendors MUST pack up all items BEFORE pulling vehicles into loading zone. Do not take up a load-out parking space if you are not packed up and ready to load out.
- Vendor load-out begins at 4:15 PM.
- Only ONE (1) vehicle will be allowed to load-out per space. If you have two (2) vehicles, load one vehicle, move it out of the market area, and then bring the 2nd vehicle in.
- Vehicles must display yellow loading permit in the front driver's side window.
- Vendor vehicles are not permitted to drive into the market area to unload until the road has been cleared of pedestrians and safe to proceed.
- All items must be cleared by 5:45pm. All vendor items must be removed at the end of the market and spaces must be free of all trash.
- There will be a $50 fine for leaving after 5:45pm and/or leaving any garbage and items in your space after the market.
- VENDOR RULES & GUIDELINES, MARKET LOCATION, MARKET CONFIGURATION ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- The Urban Flea Market reserves the right to adjust/change vendor rules and guidelines at any time.
- The Urban Flea Market reserves the right to adjust/change market location, market configuration, vendor space configuration at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. Reserved vendor spaces will be reassigned at that time.
- Vendors will be notified via email of any changes.
Utah State Tax Information & Form
The State of Utah requires each vendor to submit a simple tax form to participate in any flea market, swap meet, fair or event where items are being sold. Each vendor space will need to provide a name, address, phone number, date of birth and one of the following: driver's license, state ID, state tax, tax exempt number or Social Security number. Tax forms will be supplied to each vendor at check-in. Each vendor is responsible for completing and submitting the provided tax form. If you are participating in more than one Urban Flea Market, you will only need to submit ONE tax form for all dates noted on the tax form. The form includes due date information.
Signage & Marketing Materials
Any posters, banners, signs, tents, or distribution of marketing material promoting outside businesses, organizations, services and events is strictly prohibited and will only be available to official sponsors of the Urban Flea Market. There will be space available at the market information booth for outside events and business flyers. Please take any of these items to the information booth the morning of the market.
The market has received a great amount of support from the community and local media. The Gateway is a terrific downtown venue, we expect a great turn out!
Please help support the Urban Flea Market by telling your family and friends to attend and also by sharing market information through your social media outlets.
Thank you again for participating. Please let us know if you have any additional questions at